Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Proposed changes to the track plan. Good idea or not?

Hi all! There has been a few interesting additions to the WyCo Western's real estate portfolio recently including a three stall roundhouse. I have proposed a change to the town's planning and zoning committee (AKA my girlfriend) and it has been decided that a turntable and roundhouse would possibly be a bad idea. So this of course means I'm probably going to do it anyway because it means I will have a new toy to play with. So, here is my proposal for the change in the track plan. I am going to take out the switch and the two tracks that would have led to the small engine shed I originally intended to put on there and in its place I will have a roundhouse and seven tracks coming off of it. I want to have three going into the roundhouse as well as three more already in place with wiring run to and holes drilled in case another roundhouse is acquired as well as an exterior track that will eventually be wired to a nifty little gizmo that NCE makes to control a program track. Without further ado, here is a look at before and after images of what my plan for this will look like. Also, please forgive my MS Paint quality graphics on some of the lines. No one ever accused me of being an artist! =)
Before
After

Here is also a link to the NCE item I mentioned earlier in the post: NCE Auto SW
It automatically shuts down all main lines while in program track mode to prevent any other locos from accidentally being programmed. This will also save me from having to take ALL my engines off the track when I want to program something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment