Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kitbashing projects and wish lists...

One of the things I would like to accomplish is replicating the excursion train that is pulled behind the UP steam locomotives and maybe even get the correct locos to pull them as well. So far about all I have is a dozen Kato and Walther's smoothside passenger cars. I am working on fixing that however. One of the projects I have taken on is to kitbash the boxcar UPP 9336. It was a fast freight boxcar and about the closest thing I could find was a Kato Amtrak MHC. Since they don't have the correct doors I decided some cutting was in order. I found an Atlas 53' Evans DPD box on a clearance rack for about $6.00 and it quickly became a donor. I cut the doors out of it, then cut them down to fit the hole in the side of my Kato car. I then applied some paint and am working on the decals. Decals are an extreme PITA and the stripes are the hardest part. However, I think it looks pretty alright so far. I still need to find the right trucks for it and finish up the decal work. Some touch up paint wouldn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment