Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New layout construction has begun

My neighbor and I have started work on my new HO scale layout. We are using the benchwork that was once his Union Pacific Greeley Sub and so far we have benchwork done and some cork roadbed laid. We will pick it up again tomorrow and hopefully if we can keep up the level of progress, we should have a good bit of track laid as well as the cork finished. When the track work is all done and electronics installed (at least for the track wiring), the layout will be moved to my house and set up in the train room. Instead of the "roundy round" layout I wanted, this one is purely switching. It will measure 28" x 10'7" and is a modified version of this plan:


It will have much different scenery from what is seen in this plan. I will have a CO-OP with grain elevators in the lower left corner, and some other rural industries scattered throughout the layout with a lot of the ground cover being dirt or Wyoming plains colors. I will get pics of the progress tomorrow afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment